Health and Fitness Articles
Consumers of food tend to always faced different problems regarding the safety of food and beverages bought from the market especially when summer or time of super hotness is present. When food such as hamburgers, vegetable salads, potato salads and even barbecue are being exposed to sun, there is a risk for the development of bacteria and may lead to food poisoning.
For barbecue food that is usual part of the dishes when people went outside, go to picnics and enjoy the beach. But what we do not know is that even barbecue is exposed to bacteria named “salmonella”, “E.coli”, and “campylobacter” that can harm our body when the meat is undercooked. So for mommies, they must make sure that it is perfectly cooked before serving to the family.
Salads such as potato and veggies, most of the fresh products has a high risk for food poisoning since it is where most bacteria grows more prolifically especially when exposed to too much temperature and heat. They must be kept in refrigeration or cold places to maintain its freshness.
Since oranges and lemons tend to hold life much longer due to their acid contents, sprouts and seeds are at risk for developing salmonella, literia or E.coli. So they must be needed to be washed and cleaned as well as be placed in more cold areas. For Filipinos, we tend to bring coolers with ice packs to place the foods that are at risk for spoilage.
Preparation of food such as slicing and cutting ingredients must be done within small time frame from when they should be eaten so that they will not be exposed to different bacteria that can cause the bad smell and spoilage of food. Throw food that begin to have different colors. Usage also of different utensils must be observed to be able to reduce the risk for cross contamination.
The plates, fork, spatula and knife may be soaked in hot water before and after use to make sure bacteria are killed. We should use the food products immediately once it is prepared, let the kids and family enjoy the freshness of pack foods during holiday.
For four decades, the business of quick service has acquired the attention of food and beverage sector where people will be able to buy fast food that is prepared immediately as they order. The restaurants that provide such food usually have a counter where the people will get their food as soon as possible. But the thing is, we need to learn what are fast food and its content.
Fast food are those that is prepared in large quantity and since it is set up too quickly, then the nutritional value is lesser compared to the dishes with enough heat and ingredients that is produced for longer time frame. The most common fast food are hamburger, French fries, soft drinks, pizza, spaghetti and chicken. Even though the food is the main energy booster of the body, it is has ingredients and way of preparation that may affect the physical, psychological and even emotional well-being of a person. The food and preservatives included in the food such as carbohydrates, salt, sugar and fats can introduce harmful effects to the body.
The health related problems associated with fast foods are obesity, increased weight, hypertension, high cholesterol and blood pressure. The amount of fat and sodium, the high sugar content can harm the body and the most affected age bracket is the children where the fast food advertisers realigned their concept by providing colorful commercials. That made them at risk for chronic disease such as diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Furthermore, young people nowadays are too much occupied to gadgets and computers that results to decrease of engagement to activities which initiates physical endurance and exercise that made them more prone to such illnesses.
So for catering businesses and food service sectors, we must be careful to produce foods that could harm the health and well-being of their customers, especially, fast foods. We could lessen the fast food products we sell; more so, eliminate them from our menu card. Promotion of good healthy diet along with good healthy food will lessen the prevalence of health related problems among our consumers
Fruits and vegetables are the most effective fighting food for cancer. Catering Services could help fight cancer by providing lots of these foods in their menu. On the other hand, Alfafa sprouts could alleviate the risk for cancer since it contains saponins, a phytochemical which fights cancer cells.
“An apple a day put the doctors away” is a true rhyming tone which gives sense to children that by eating an apple will make them too healthy and since it has soluble fiber which is number one enemy of cancer cells. Avocado has folate and fiber which could be turned into ice cream or shake would eventually enhance the brain cells of people to fight foreign and unhealthy cells.
Beets could be included in different salads which provide antioxidants to the body. Oranges and Papaya which is common in our country and not just a supplier of Vitamin C, but also potassium, calcium, fiber, folate and Vitamin B.
These foods can be eaten directly or could be used as ingredients for other dishes. Pumpkin is a yellow food that is packed with carotene that helps people with unhealthy lifestyle not to acquire lung cancer. And lastly, yogurt has lactobacillus which is a good bacterium to fight the foreign bodies.
These are the basic ingredients, abundant in our place which could be included in the list of menu and ingredients and we must be aware of good health that food industry could provide to contribute to the health benefits of our clients and guests.
Cancer is still and will always be one of the greatest challenges for healthcare professionals and allied medical team because of the unknown cause of the abnormality for the cancer cells to multiply twice the profligate that a common cell could produce. Addition to this, it does not affect only one part of the tissue, but also can affect other part of the internal organ of a person.
But these is not a one man army fight of medicine, it is also a fight for us who are into hospitality industry, specifically the food and beverage facet. Since we provide basic physiological needs of people, this will significantly affect their wellness and health.
For food industry such as Catering Services, we could contribute to the wellness of clients through proposing healthy food and include healthy ingredients to our cuisines. Unhealthy lifestyle does really contribute to the cause of cancer, specifically tobacco that is responsible for most cancer cases in the Philippines.
Henri Bergson stated that “Laughter is the corrective force which prevents us becoming cranks.” Sometimes through laughter we temporarily forget our worries and problems. Laughter makes life seems so easy. Personally, I like people who make me laugh because I find them cool. Aside from that, they also have a positive outlook in life. I’ve noticed that most people who have sense of humor become successful in their chosen field and the best example for that are comedians. Below are the five benefits of laughter.
1. Joy and Laughter gives you enough courage to go on. – When you learn to laugh despite all the trials, it will give you a hope for unknown future. In our Life Group in church, we study before about joy and laughter. Joy is healthy and attractive. Instead of being sad, choose to be happy.
2. Joy and Laughter can ease the pain. – It is true that pain is inevitable but we should do something to stop the feeling. Other people get depressed because of pain that leads them to commit suicide. If you feel that you’re already in pain, it is advisable to mingle with funny people and let yourself become happy instead of mourning.
3. Joy and Laughter regains energy. -When you laugh, the tendency is to increase your energy. Happy people can accomplish more because they are energetic. Most of the time happy people are focused in what they are doing.
4. Joy and Laughter can reduce stress. – According to some studies laugh can makes you feel good. When you are sad, laugh makes you feel better. You don’t feel anxious when you laugh.
5. Joy and Laughter unites people. – A positive and a good bond were created when you laugh with one another. Laughter prevents disagreements and debates. When other people saw that you are filled with joy, you become more attractive. Happy people gain a lot of friends.
It is an old adage but it’s true that “laughter is the best medicine.” From now on, choose to be happy because you deserve to Laugh and smile.
Pneumonia is defined as a lung infection where the air sacks of the lungs are filled with fluid and this is the reason why someone with this disease is having difficulty in breathing. Most of the time a person gets pneumonia when he breathes germs into his lungs or he interacts with someone who has this illness. Pneumonia is an illness that is really life threatening.
Some symptoms of pneumonia are fever, having phlegm, chills, fast heartbeat, and being weak physically. The person experiences those symptoms because of viruses and bacteria on his body. Aside from vaccine, below are three ways on how to prevent pneumonia.
1. Good hygiene – One of the best things you can do to avoid pneumonia and other illnesses is to practice having a good hygiene. Always wash your hands and avoid exposing yourself to a dirty and polluted place. It is advisable to always put alcohol or sanitizer on your hands because it can protect you from bacteria and germs that you might get from other people and some places you have been.
2. Be Fit – Eat healthy food and take vitamins for you to have a healthy body. It is also a good thing if you will sleep on time and have a daily exercise. Find time to take a rest and do not stress yourself about the things that you think are not worth stressing over.
3. Don’t Smoke – Smoking is one of the major reasons why other people are prone to having pneumonia. Once you smoke your lungs will be damaged. The moment your lungs has been damaged it will no longer have the capacity to filter out all the germs and bacteria. Smoking can really harm your health so better stop it right away and also other vices.
Sometimes we forget to take care of ourselves because of some circumstances. Others are too busy with their jobs and think that doing vices can take away their stress. We have to remember that we need to discipline ourselves to avoid illnesses. Life is too short so you better take care of it. I always do believe that we can still enjoy life even if we don’t do vices. There are so many ways for us to enjoy ourselves and make the most of our life.
The human brain is the most important part of the body because it collects information for us to act on it. As I go along reading science books, I found out that 80% of our brain is made of water. The color of our brain is pinkish-beige but once we died it will turn to grey. The time we reached adulthood our brain developed million neutral pathways to process the information quickly. I came up to this article because there is someone I know that has an Alzheimers and there is a point she can’t remember anything. She can’t remember the things that she have done and she don’t even know the people around her. Even if you don’t want to feel pity on her, there will come a time that you will feel it.
According to Stanford University’s Memory Laboratory, “A certain degree of forgetting is completely normal.” One of the main reasons why we forget things is due to the trouble with regaining items in our memory. It is ordinary to forget things but forgetting details that you have to remember is not usual. It is not normal for someone to forget even her name. Aside from exercise and eating healthy food, below are three other ways to have a healthy memory:
1. Sleep on time – Based on my experience, having a lack of sleep hinders us to think well. There are times that you will notice that you are having a hard time to do things because your brain cannot process well. If you don’t have important things to do in the middle of the night, better to sleep early. But if you are someone who can’t easily sleep at night, consult your doctor to help you in your problem in sleeping.
3. Read books – For me reading books is the best way to improve our memory. It is one way to exercise our brain because through reading our brain thinks and gives us a chance to imagine things aside from gaining knowledge from it. You have to remember that wisdom is one of your treasures that no one can steal from you.
3. Be happy – Stay away from stress and pain, both physically and mentally. Stress and pain are not healthy for you. Problem is already part of life so you just have to learn how to deal with it. Do not dwell on your problem rather pray and solve it. Enjoy your life with your family and friends, and see to it that you are having a quality time with them. Daniel Goleman a psychologist, states in his Emotional Intelligence book that “laughter… seems to help people think more broadly and associate more freely.”
Because of too much heat of summer, many people today get sick. Early of this year, one of our family friends died because of heart attack. At the age of thirty eight, he already left his family. Heart attack is a serious condition where the coronary artery becomes tight and the flow of the oxygen in the blood is blocked. Based on studies, heart attack is the outcome of coronary heart disease (CHD) also known as coronary artery disease.
Ways to prevent heart attack:
1. Exercise Daily – One of the best things to do to have a healthy body is to have discipline in exercise. Being fit will give you less chance of having a disease like heart attack.
2. Eat healthy food – If you know that you are not getting younger, you have to be conscious of what you are eating. Avoid fatty foods and make eating fruits and vegetables a habit. This will help you to gain enough nutrients that your body needs.
3. Have a quarter checkup– Not because you feel well, it means that your body is always in good condition. Most of the time illness gets worst because of late diagnosis. Don’t let things be too late for you.
4. Quit your Vices – Vices don’t have any good result on your body. If you want to prolong your life, better stop your vices as early as now.
5. Do not abuse your body – Always find a time to take a rest. Some people had a heart attack not because they have vices but due to lack of enough rest.
Some people experienced heart attack because of vices and unhealthy body. Smoking and drinking too much alcohol are some of the reasons why other people had a heart attack. People who are prone to this disease are people who have high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, diabetic and someone who don’t do physical activities. Health is wealth, so you better take care of it.
Some people believed that drinking alcohol is a cure for stress and others find it as a way to feel self-assured and less fearful. It is their own way of coping with their problems somehow. In chemistry, an alcohol is an organic compound where group of Hydroxyl functional compelled to a carbon atom. It is a depressant that will slow down the brain and the central nervous system’s processes. It is something that can also disrupt the balance of chemicals in your brain that will affect your mood.
Alcohol can cause a big problem to our health because the more you drink it, the more your brain will be affected. Yes, it is proven that alcohol can give us positive impact in our mood but it is just temporary. Too much drinking alcohol can affect our mental health for a long term. Studies showed that memory problems are also considered as a result of heavy drinking. The Mental Health Foundation found out that drinking heavily and regularly developed symptoms of depression because it lowers the serotonin which is a neurotransmitter of the brain.
Based on my observation too much drinking of alcohol can ruin one’s life. It affects not only your physical and mental health but also your relationship to other people. An alcoholic person forgets his relationship to his family and friends. It is sad to discern that some people neglect their family and responsibility because of alcohol. Instead of enjoying their time with their family and doing great things in the present for a better future, they let alcohol devastate their life. Some people get frustrated with their performance in their work place and they are fruitless in other aspects of their existence. Some people get involve in troubles because of being drunk while others get caught in accidents which leads them to their untimely death.
World Health Organization (WHO) defines health as a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of diseases or infirmities. Fitness means the ability of a person to do physical exertion. A person is considered healthy and fit if he has a strong body, effective mind and well-established social principle. Being physically sick affects your daily work and tasks, so you cannot perform well because of your deficient body.
To be healthy and fit, practice to eat your breakfast daily. It is the first step to start your day right because you will have a source of strength and energy. Always eat healthy food such as vegetables, fresh fruits and fish. Aside from proper eating, you also need to practice drinking a lot of water. It helps you to purify your body by taking out all the toxins.
In addition exercise daily and see to eat that you have at least 8 hours sleep. Having a healthy and fit body will help you to become more productive in your work place. In reality companies do not want to hire unhealthy people, because their target deadlines will be affected. How can a person do legwork if he is not physically fit, if he cannot do small things because of his health, and if he cannot meet deadlines because of unhealthy body?
Aside from being physically fit, it is also important to have a healthy mind and emotion. Suffering from any mental or emotional ailments like depression and stress is unhealthy. You will not enjoy life if you are bombarded with so many things. Relax and do things one at a time. Don’t pressure yourself and don’t let depression eat your system and be a reason not to accomplish things.
Try to develop positive mind and it will help you to become mentally healthy. Being emotionally and mentally sick will not help you to become effective. Learn to deal with problems in every aspect of your life and don’t hide your feelings because unexpressed feelings lead to depression. It is healthy to mingle with other people and explore things while you are young.
Being healthy physically, mentally and emotionally will help you to grow and become matured in everything. Having a healthy life will lead you to success. Proven and tested that many people achieve their goals not only because of their perseverance and dedication but also having a healthy life.
If you were craving for seafood, take a walk along the sandy shore of almost any beaches or body of salt water and you will probably find the most sought after seafood in the world – the Crab – one of the fast-moving animals. Its long legs, large claws and eyes mounted on stalks give it a most unusual appearance and walking or running in an unusual direction – sideways. But these unusual forms consist of the most unusual proteins, nutrients and minerals when they become meals for other animals, including humans.
People have a large appetite for crabs nowadays, and crab fishing is also an important industry along the shores. So what benefit can we get from crab? First it has low calorie and almost no fat. The meat of the crab, with 4 oz of meat has 90 – 100 calories only so it is healthy for our heart. Since it is mostly found along the shore, Asian countries have abundant supply of crabs.
When it comes to protein, it supply a very high content thus no carbohydrate which is good for diabetic patients and athletes. This is because crabs spend a large part of their time looking for food. Though they are not picky eaters and will feed on almost anything they could find. Most of the foods they find are fish and shellfish that is a favorite, and sometimes plants. That makes them very nutritious for human appetite.
Lastly, they have many omega 3 fatty acids which is good in lowering triglyceride and pressure of blood (hypertensive) which can help with heart diseases. Like other crustaceans, most of crabs live in or near the ocean where they can get iodine which can help us lower the risk for goiter. The crab has three main body parts, which are covered by a shield-like shell that’s why most of the important nutrients it has will never leave its host.
Its Christmas season and the weather is starting to get cold so this can mean that flu, colds and cough is everywhere to be found. To make the holiday season worthwhile even you have colds, bed rest is in order. While complete rest is a good remedy; your recovery will be faster if you take nourishing food and drink plenty of liquids while you recuperate.
People would prefer to eat more fruits and vegetables during this time however, they are not in a state where all foods are easily to take, eat and digest. Their body is fighting the bacteria and foreign bodies that entered their body so they feel weak and sluggish at this moment.
This is not so easy when you are sick and food tastes bland and swallowing is very hard. So you must take foods that will give needed nutrients but will not make it hard for you to eat and drink.
- Sweet and juicy fruits are a great choice. Cold watermelon will refresh you and soothe your parched throat, as well as nourished and hydrate. If they don’t like watermelon, then grab a banana, which is easy to digest.
- Chicken soup or nay clear broth has antibacterial and antiviral properties that will help you recover faster.
- Drink lots of water and other liquids such as juice, Gatorade and drinks with high electrolytes. Hydration is the key to a speedy recovery.
- Take vegetable juices or, if they prefer something sweet then have fresh fruit juices.
- They could grab a hot tea to soothe their taste buds plus its steam will help relieve a stuffy nose. They could prefer green tea for its high antioxidant content that boosts immunity.
Remember, rest and nutrition makes a great combination that can get you up from the sickbed in no time at all and will be able to celebrate the Christmas season this year.
As we approach Christmas holiday, heavy construction of menu is going on to the minds of Mommies. Most people, especially who are conscious of their diet and health have no choice but to consume foods with high gluten. And no, the wholesale essence of famous cookies is not being renovated. So people must be informed that they should minimize the consumption of foods with high content of gluten this season and cookies which can have a lot of gluten is a start.
It is not that we should not eat cookies, but we must be knowledgeable of disadvantages of gluten to our body. First of all gluten is mostly establish as ingredient of wheat, it is a form of protein. And cookies can be difficult to get the texture just right so gluten from flour products can help this problem. Nevertheless, gluten-free baking is hard to master, so homemade gluten-free cookies cannot be perfected.
As a result, the emergence of gluten-free products such as cookies mix, pancake mix, dough, mix, cake mix, sandwich are a substitute and the product can be used of people who are dealing with health diets. They are busy making cookies and eve other dairy products be gluten free but still all ingredients are natural, organic and the treats are free of preservative, trans fats, refined sugar and cholesterol.
The message here is not that those who have disease are better looking, it has no therapeutic claims, or even that beauty pageant is something everyone should consider. The take home message is this: if people would like to maintain healthy diets and still would like to enjoy the holiday season and eat foods that signifies the season, then they must be initiative enough to know which ingredients, foods and meal is most suited for them without alleviating the aroma and taste of Christmas season.
Filipinos love sweets. This is evident in our different foods and desserts that are usually sweet. Usually, we use sugar, brown or white to make our food or drink sweet. Have you ever thought of using honey as sweetener?
Honey is practically a sweetener that came from bees that eat nectars from flowers. Beekeepers are people who take care of bees and eventually harvest the honey. Usually, honey can be a good substitute to sugar.
The typical component analysis of a honey is composed of the following: Fructose: 38.2%, Glucose: 31.3%, Maltose: 7.1%, Sucrose: 1.3%, Water: 17.2%, Higher sugars: 1.5%, Ash: 0.2%, Other/undetermined: 3.2%. (Source: Beesource Beekeeping » Honey Composition and Properties. Beesource.com)
With these different components, honey is believed to have a nutritional effect to the person eating honey. Here are some of the health benefits that honey can give when you regularly consume it.
Health Benefits of Honey
- A person who eats honey have a low possibility of having cancer and heart diseases because honey has antioxidants and flavonoids; two elements that helps our body to avoid developing cancer and heart diseases.
- Honey can actually cure wounds and burns due to the drying effect of honey with anti-bacterial elements makes honey a good source of treatment. Honey can also be a cure for ulcer.
- Honey can help in having a beautiful and youthful skin. Honey is a good anti-bacterial that can nourish and smoothen one’s skin. Honey is widely used as an ingredient to some skin and face ointments.
- Honey can actually help you have a balance sugar level. Honey is composed of exact amount of glucose and fructose that makes your body get the right amount of sugar.
- Honey can make you avoid cough and throat irritation. This is basically because honey is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. Honey is also has probiotics that serves as good bacteria to one’s body.
Honey is a sweetener that can help us in many different ways. Try using honey with your food. Just remember not to over-eat honey because anything that too much can also be bad for our health.
This article will give some home remedy using different fruits and foods you can simply find on your kitchen. Why spend more if you can apply home remedy to the following problems.
- The mixture of lukewarm water with rock salt is one of the best remedy and first aid for toothache. This can actually relax your gum just rinse your mouth then spit it. Rinse full glass of this mixture to help reduce pain and swelling.
- Garlic when gently rub to the affected area will help stop the pain. Simply take a portion of the garlic and use it right beside the teeth.
- Whiskey or brandy is also a good remedy for toothache. Dip a cotton ball to the whiskey or brandy then put it beside the painful tooth then let it sit. You will feel that the tooth is less painful.
- Boil ampalaya leaves then drink a quarter of it. You will feel a sudden urge to vomit. You will vomit the ampalaya juice with your phlegm in it.
- Drink a mixture of lukewarm water with vinegar. The vinegar can kill the bacteria on your throat. This can help lessen the itchiness on your throat.
- Drink a mixture of calamansi juice and honey to reduce the itchiness of the throat. Honey is a natural anti-bacterial that can help stop coughing.
- Make a paste by mixing honey and cereals. Put the paste on your face then rinse with water the morning after. Do this for two weeks to peel off dry skin.
- Applying yogurt on you face is a good way to soothe and heal swelling pimples easily. Simply open your pores by exposing your face on a hot steam then put the yogurt then rinse with cold water after 20 minutes.
- Mix one egg and calamansi juice. Apply this on your face then rinse with lukewarm water after 30 minutes. Rinse again with cold water to close the pores.
Hair Care and Treatment
- Egg treatment is good for all types of hair. Use the whole egg with natural hair, egg white with oily hair and egg yolks to dry hair. Egg can moisturize hair by putting enough amount of egg to cover the hair and scalp. Rinse with cold water after 30 minutes then apply shampoo. Do this once a month.
- Apply yogurt to dull hair to make you hair shiny. The yogurt can moisturize the hair, simply apply to hair then rinse with lukewarm water then with cold water. Shampoo the hair after.
- To strengthen the hair and avoid falling hair, the mixture of ½ cup beer, egg and 1 tsp of oil can do magic. Simply apply the mixture into your hair then let it sit for 15 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
- The pineapple fruit when rub on both hands will make your hand smooth. The citrus acid on the fruit causes this effect.
- The mixture of papaya leaves and hand soap can also help you in maintaining the smoothness of your hands. It can also lessen the dryness of your hand.
Make a paste by mixing tomato juice, calamansi juice and oatmeal. Apply this to your hands for 15 minutes and rinse with soap and warm water
Summer is approaching and that is why asthma attacks is very abundant nowadays. People would love the summer breeze but it was a resistance for asthmatics as they breathe that includes the coughing and wheezing that leads to tightening and shortness of breath. Higher humidity combined with hot temperature brought by summer can trigger asthma. As part of food industry, we search foods that are good for this sickness.
As for fruits, it was found out that banana and apples are good for asthma so we should include it in our market lists. Since bananas are rich in Vitamin B6, it is one of the best components to relief asthma, while apples have high bioflavonoids, such as quercetin which is a very good antioxidant for the body to lessen the wheezing around 40 percent. This can contribute to lowering the risk of discomfort especially for the kids. Another kind of fruit that is also good for asthma is pear for its high amount of mint which consider as relaxant and relief congestion.
Avocados can also help asthma patients for it protects cells and detoxifies foreign and toxic pollutants in the body. Buckwheat is a hypoallergenic food which reduce the risk for asthma, ginger have anti inflammatory ingredients to lower the inflammation of lungs, sunflower seeds has a lot of potassium and magnesium which provides bronchodilating effect to the lungs. And lastly, tomato that has high content of lycopene and betacarotene serves as anti inflammatory ingredient in the lungs.
A recipe for a good morning breakfast for asthma patients:
Carrot with Orange Glazed
- Orange juice
- Brown sugar
- Butter and salt
- Put carrots in a pan, put water and cover.
- Let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan
- Pour the juice on the carrots
- Let it simmer for around 2-4 minutes
- Put the brown sugar, salt and the butter
- Leave for 2 minutes
- Let it cool then serve
One big day in a woman’s life is her wedding day with that very special man who captured her heart. That is why it is very important for women to look good and pretty on that big day. But with so many things to do months or weeks before the wedding day, how can a woman maintain or transform her body into her ideal weight?
One important thing to remember when preparing yourself in shaping up for an event is your body mass because it will somehow determine how much weight you would want to lose and how much time you need to lose those excess pounds. Know if you can lose weight easily of not because the more weight you have, the more weight you want to lose, thus more time to do your workout. You also have to determine your ideal weight before the big day comes. Just make sure that your target weight is reachable.
Watching what you eat is also important. You have to little-by-little change your eating habits when you are eating too much. Body fats are fats coming from the food you eat. The more you eat food rich in fats, the more weight you are to gain. Food that are rich in fats are food that are higher in calories count. That is why instead of eating food with too much calories, try shifting what you eat to food that are rich in vitamins, minerals, fibers, and antioxidants. Avoid eating food from fast food chain and processed food as well.
Exercise is also a-must. Exercising will teach discipline, focus and self-determination. Discipline because to be able to follow a routine is a daily habit that needs focus and determination. But do not just exercise, one must also do different routines every 3-5 days so that the body will not get tolerated but the same routine you are doing. It is also best to do with groups or probably with your husband to be.
Seeing how your weight change is also advisable. Get encourage by how much you are losing everyday or probably every week. Always keep in mind that in shaping up and losing weight, the goal is not just to lose weight but to be fit, to look blooming and to have a healthy body.
Shaping up and losing weight is never easy. You need to focus on your goal and change your eating habit. These are just simple tips on starting how to lose weight. If you are not ready to start to lose weight, think again before walking that aisle down on your wedding day. Why? Because getting shape and losing weight is much simpler that entering a lifetime commitment to the marriage life.
One of the basic necessities of a human being is food. No one, I guess will argue, that even if people can survive with water for a period of time, people will always find and choose to eat food especially for Filipinos. Most Filipinos really love eating. In fact, some of us are eating 3-5 times in a day. Nothing is really bad with having an eating habit. What’s bad is if we do not look or watch what we are eating. Food can kill, particularly if we eat too much.
Eating 3-5 times a day does not mean you are developing a healthy life. Healthy life is a balance of eating the right food and exercising from time-to-time. One way of eating the right food is to check the nutrition facts on every food label that we purchased. People, most probably, ignore this but this might be a step on starting a healthy life. But how do we read nutrition facts?
Steps on reading nutrition facts
- Start with a serving size – Checking the serving size will help you know if you are eating the right amount of that food. You might be eating double than the normal serving which means that you are actually taking double of all the numbers of the nutrition on the label.
- Tally and check the number of the following nutritional facts to know how much you are going to take per serving.
- Calories and Calories per Fat.
- Total Fat.
- Sodium (Salt)
- Cholesterol count
- Total Carbohydrates
- Vitamins (Vitamin A, B, C or E) and Minerals ( Iron and Calcium)
- Look at the “Information at the Bottom of the Label – Each body needs the right amount of nutrients per serving. This label shows the upper and lower limits of the nutrient your body needs. For example, if you eat one piece of pancake, one serving will provide you 5% of your Daily Value of the possible 100%. That means that you have to eat 95% more of the Daily Value coming from other food or resources. Thus, if you eat 2 pieces of pancake, you will have 10% of your Daily Value and so on.
You daily dose of nutrients
We often neglect the fact of reading and checking our daily food intake. Sometimes, we forget that monitoring of the food we eat is one of the best ways to start a healthy life. Nutrition Facts on every food label is written not just as display but also as way of reminding as to be conscious of our food intake. So, why not make it a habit to read on them instead of just eating?
Always remember that the quantity of your food intake does not mean you are becoming healthy; it is the quality of what you eat that counts the most.
What do you think?
People need iron rich foods that can be eaten everyday to maintain the efficiency and strength of the body. If you like to have an iron body, then foods rich in iron must be consumed especially by kids and even moms. Since this mineral is very important for it releases chemical which helps the body produces more red blood cells, people must know what food is capable of helping us to have many irons.
Most irons are found in red meat such as buffalo, beef and pork. There are also vegetables such as wholegrain bread and cereals where iron is mostly found. But a large amount of iron is found in animals and adding vitamins such as Vit C, then iron absorption is highly influenced.
And as colony of Spanish, there is a big influence of Mexican and Spanish on the food culture of Filipinos. So here I chose a kind of recipe where we can regularly consumed and loved since it runs in our veins the different influence of other countries as for food consumption.
I will show you how to cook steak using any kind of red meat. It is spicy in flavor just like the Mexican culture like it and have spices the way Spaniards cook. With a little aroma of what Filipino culture would love.
- 1 kilo sirloin (lomo)/beef (buffalo if available)
- 1 can tomatoes with chiles
- 1 pork broth
- chili powder
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. oil
- wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- Marinate the steak, loin or beef/buffalo (if available) by lightly salt both sides. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, put a cover
- Add the onion first then the garlic so that the garlic will not toasted.
- Cook until lightly browned.
- Add the marinate steak/loin or beef/buffalo into the pan.
- Pour the tomatoes with chilles,
- Add the vinegar and pork broth over the steak
- Add the chili powder and stir.
- Cook it with cover until steak is tender.
- Remove from the pan11. Let it cool a little then cut into small pieces
- Then serve.